Frequently Asked Questions
Our normal check-in and check-out times are:
- Check-in: 2.00pm to 4.30pm
- Check-out: 10.00am to 12.00noon
We are closed on Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Chinese New Year.
We do not usually accept check-ins on the eve of Christmas, New Year's and Chinese New Year's:
- Check-in: No check in
- Check-out: 10.00am to 12.00noon
On all other Public Holidays
- Check-in: 2.00pm to 4.00pm
- Check-out: 10.00am to 12.00noon
As per AVS guidelines, your pet would need the following prior boarding:
1. A valid AVS dog license.
2. A valid core vaccination – Canine Distemper Virus, Canine Parvovirus, Canine Adenoviruss, Canine Parainfluenza Virus & Leptospirosis (serovars: canicola, grippotyphosa, icterohaemorrhagiae, pomona) done no more than 12 months and no earlier than 14 days before the start of their boarding.
3. Deworming done no more than 3 months before the start of boarding. Please provide us with the date of most recent administered dose.
4. Flea & tick prevention done no more than 1 month before the start of boarding (with the exception of Bravecto which is effective for 3 months). Please provide us with the date of most recent administered dose.
We will need proof of vaccination (images of vaccination card) and AVS license (image of AVS License) to be Whatsapped to us before the start of your dog's boarding.
Kennel Cough (also known as canine infectious tracheobronchitis) is a highly contagious respiratory disease. You are encouraged to vaccinate your dog(s) against kennel cough. This should be done at least 14 days prior to start of boarding date to allow your dog sufficient time to build up immunity.
We do not require a pre-assessment for boarding at Mutts & Mittens Active.
However, in the interests of safety for your dog, our staff and other dogs using our facility, if you believe your dog has behavioural or other issues that require special handling, please contact us prior to booking to ensure we are able to adequately care for your dog.
Your dog may come into contact with other dogs in our dog run or in our swimming pool (if you have chosen Active Boarding for your dog) during his stay.
As we do not yet know your dog's temperament, we will not actively socialize your dog with other dogs for safety reasons. If your dog does use the above facilities at the same time as other dogs, he will only do so under our close supervision and interactions will be limited.
Sign up for our Daycare programme if you would like to socialize your dog with other dogs!
We feed boarding dogs premium kibble top with deluxe wet food. If your dog(s) has a sensitive digestive system or has any known allergies, we advise you to provide an alternative food supply sufficient for the duration of your dog's stay
We feed twice a day, a morning feed between 9am to 10am and an afternoon feed between 4pm to 5pm. If you require a different arrangement, please let us know!
We treat all boarding dogs with a tick & flea prevention treatment upon check-in as a compulsory preventive measure.
However, if your dog is already protected, we will not need to do so at check-in. Please do let us know if your dog needs to be administered a dose during his stay with us, just let us know the required dosage, administration instructions and provide us the meds you use.
As this treatment is only prophylactic, we accept no responsibility for any tick and flea related problems that may occur during/after the stay
Yes, we do! 24-hour live CCTV access is included in our rates, you’ll be able to view your pet anytime during his stay as long as you are have internet access.
We will send you the instructions and log-in details as part of your check-in procedures.
We provide sleeping mats, food and water bowls. If your furkid is other than grass trained, please bring the necessary (e.g. pee tray. pee pads) to make your dog more comfortable!
We do have limited storage, so just bring what your dog absolutely needs! We will not be responsible for any loss/damage of any of these items.
We walk and exercise our boarding dogs individually during working hours, but the exact time will vary, depending on the weather.
If you elect for swims, weather permitting, the swims will be in the morning or afternoon
We will notify you immediately if your dog experiences problems adjusting e.g poor appetite, anxiety, etc.
Any small issues such as superficial cuts, skin rashes, eye/ear infections, abrasions and cuts will be managed by our staff and we will notify you as well
Our front office will only be open from 9am to 6pm, our phones and Whatsapp will only be manned during office hours.
However, our caregivers are onsite 24/7 and will alert the duty manager should any emergency situation arise.
The welfare of your dog is always our top priority.
Should any medical emergency requiring urgent action arise during your dog's stay with us, e.g., physical collapse, suspected stomach bloat, etc, we will make reasonable efforts to contact you and your emergency contact. However, if we are unable to, we will seek immediate veterinary attention for your dog(s) at the nearest available veterinary clinic.
Transport will be charged for each vet run and Mutts & Mittens Active is not liable for any medical expenses incurred for any dog(s) left in our care
Yes! We work with a small number of trusted transporters with reasonable rates that have been thoroughly vetted. We will connect you with them to arrange pick up and drop off times. You can make payment directly to them
The time slot for drop off is between 2pm to 4.30pm, and pick up is between 10am to 12pm.
Mutts & Mittens Pte Ltd is GST registered and the prices listed on this website are GST exclusive.
Payment needs to be received within 3 days to confirm your booking. We accept bank transfer and mobile payment such as PayNow, PayLah, OCBC Pay Anyone, etc
Boarding fees for the duration of the booked stay must be paid in full before check in. Extensions of stays must be paid in full before checking out. Additional charges including but not limited to, medical services, food supplements, vet charges must also be paid in full before checking out.
Yes, our pool is open to the public! All you need to do is purchase a SwimPass, Whatsapp us an image of your doggo's vaccination/titer test record, book a swim session via our website and turn up for some fun!
Please note that we are unable to allow Scheduled Dogs (including cross breeds) into our facilities.
You will need to purchase a SwimPass for your doggo to use our pool:
- Price: Each 5 session SwimPass costs $100 (GST exclusive) and entitles you to five 1-hour swim sessions.
- Validity: The 5 session swimpass is valid for 3 months from the date of purchase. You can extend the validity by purchasing an extension of up to 3 months before expiry of your SwimPass.
- Pre-requisites: Your dog will need to have a valid core vaccination – Canine Distemper Virus, Canine Parvovirus, Canine Adenoviruss, Canine Parainfluenza Virus & Leptospirosis (serovars: canicola, grippotyphosa, icterohaemorrhagiae, pomona) / titer test with a Leptospirosis vaccination i.e. done no more than 12 months before the expiry date of your SwimPass and at least 14 days before your doggo's first swim
- Humans: Each entry admits 1 doggo and a maximum of 2 humans. Your doggo needs to be handled by a responsible adult. Only children 10 years and above are allowed access into the pool and pool area
- Where: You can purchase a SwimPass on this site, just click on the "Buy Now" tab on the top right corner, select Swimming and off you go!
- Pay: We accept bank transfers and mobile payments like PayNow, PayLah, OCBC Pay Anyone, etc. Your purchase is only complete when we have received full payment for your SwimPass
- Proof of Vaccination: You will need to provide your dog's vaccination/titer test expiry date when purchasing your SwimPass. Please also Whatsapp us images of your dog's vaccination card/titer test result before your doggo's first swim
Your doggo will need to be in good health. If your doggo is experiencing vomiting, diarrhoea, a runny nose, cough, open wounds or skin conditions we will have to regretfully refuse entry.
Additionally, to keep your doggo safe, we require your doggo's vaccinations to be to date. This is because as many doggos pass through our premises, this increases the risk of transmission of infectious disesases such as Canine Distemper, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza and Kennel Cough.
Therefore, to purchase your SwimPass, you will need to have a valid core vaccination or titer test with a valid Leptospirosis vaccination conducted no more than 12 months before the expiry date of your swim pass. Please do allow at least 14 days after your doggo's vaccination before you take him for his first swim, this is to give your doggo sufficient time to build up immunity.
Scheduled Dogs are not allowed into our facility.
Your doggo's SwimPass is tied to his doggo's vaccination record, therefore, you will not be able to share a SwimPass between dogs
Not every dog takes naturally to the water.
If your dog has never swum before, you will need to introduce him to swimming the same way that we would teach a child to swim. In other words, lovingly, gently and with lots of fun.
If you are swimming your dog for the first time and would like some help, just Whatsapp us beforehand to arrange for our friendly staff to guide you with a few tips. We are always happy to help!
- Leash: For your dog's and other dog's safety, please do keep your dog on leash outside the pool
- Swimming vest: If your dog needs a little help, this might be a good investment. If you haven't got one, you can rent one from the front desk for $2
- Toys: Balls, frisbees, whatever your doggo loves to play with!
- Shower stuff: Shampoo & towels if you intend to give your doggo a rinse off after his swim
Please do not feed your dog at least 2 hours before his swim. Please also do use the dog run to toilet your dog before heading to the pool. But if an accident does happen, no worries, just let our staff know.
Our pool opening hours and swiming slots are:
- Wednesday & Friday
- 1.30pm - 2.30pm
- 3.00pm - 4.00pm
- 4.30pm - 5.30pm
- All Day Saturday & Sunday
- 8.30am - 9.30am
- 9.45am - 10.45am
- 11.00am - 12.00noon
- 1.00pm - 2.00pm
- 2.15pm - 3.15pm
- 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- 4.45pm - 5.45pm
- After you have completed purchase of your SwimPass, log into your account and click on "My Booking Package"
- Select the Order ID you would like to make a booking for (you may have multiple Order IDs e.g. multiple packages because you have more than 1 dog or you may have purchased more than one service for your dog)
- Click on "View" for the Order ID that you want to book for, it will show you the expiry date and the sessions you have left
- Select the timeslot you want and submit!
To ensure all customers and their doggos have a great time, we currently limit the number of dogs per time slot to 10-12 dogs. Each dog may be accompanied by up to 2 humans, one of whom must be responsible adult handler.
Please note that you can only book one session at a time for your dog and your package will be immediately deducted by 1 session once you have confirmed your booking i.e. your session will be considered used.
Absolutely! We hope you do, it's a great way to bond with your doggo!
Every dog needs to be handled by a responsible adult in the pool and every dog must have its own dedicated handler. This is because the pool is rather deep at the far end (almost chest high). Only children 10 years and above are allowed in the pool.
Each admission is good for 1 dog plus up to 2 humans per dog.
We will close the pool only if there is a risk of lighting. We will refer to NEA's forecast on their website if we need to close the pool ahead. You will receive a Whatsapp message notifying you of the pool closure and your current booking will be voided and you can rebook your session on our website.
Please ensure you receive a Whatspp message notifying you of the pool closure, otherwise you will be considered a no-show and your booked session will be considered used.
If the pool is closed due to lightning risk at least 45 minutes into your session, your session will be considered used
We have a rinsing station just below the pool deck. Please rinse your doggo before entering the pool
We do not provide shampoo or towels, so remember to pack those if you plan to rinse your dog off after his swim. In consideration of others waiting to use the shower stations, we kindly request showers to be kept under 10 minutes
We do not provide blow dryers nor power points for your hair dryers.
We do not have dedicated showers for humans but changing rooms are available for getting out of wet clothing.
Tip: Wet your dog's fur before putting on his swimvest to prevent his fur getting caught in the velcro strips
Yes, we have swimming vests for rental at $2 for each use.
They are available in pink or blue in sizes XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL& XXL
Our pool is about ankle deep in the near end and just under chest high (for the average Singaporean woman) in the far end.
The pool is U shaped and about 20 metres in length. Just for fun, we have underwater water jets in the shallow end and a waterfall feature in the far end.
There are 2 perspex lined walls in the middle of the pool so you can video you dog swimming underwater
Our pool has a built in filtration system to ensure the water is always clean. Our pool is salt chlorinated and regularly tested to ensure we have the right PH levels to keep the bacteria at bay.
The 15 minute gap between swim sessions is to allow us to remove surface debris like leaves and fur. Additionally, we scrub the pool every morning before opening to prevent algae growth as well as vacuum twice weekly to remove any sedimentation.
Yes, absolutely! Please Whatsapp us what you have in mind!
- Step 1. Get your doggo protected! Vaccinations and flea/tick prevention in place
- Step 2. Make an appointment for your doggo’s sociability assessment
- Step 3. Buy the Active Daycare Pass and make your booking
As long as your dog is in good health and does not have significant behavioural issues, he is suitable for day care.
He needs to be :
- not aggressive towards humans
- not aggressive towards dogs
- not protective of toys and other resources
Other pre-requisites include
- Your dog will need to have a valid core vaccination – Canine Distemper Virus, Canine Parvovirus, Canine Adenoviruss, Canine Parainfluenza Virus & Leptospirosis (serovars: canicola, grippotyphosa, icterohaemorrhagiae, pomona) or titer test with a valid leptospirosis vaccination
- tick/flea prevention
We do accept intact male dogs on a case by case basis, depending on temperament and whether there are behavioural issues. Unsterilized female dogs can also be accepted, except when they are in heat
We do not have an age limit but we do require your dog to be in good health (e.g. no heart conditions, no neurological issues, fully sighted) and able to participate in physical activities like swimming and exercises that involve running
Please note that we are unable to allow Scheduled Dogs (including cross breeds) into our facilities.
Please only purchase your Active DayCare Pass after your dog has passed our sociability Assessment.
Here's all you need to know about purchasing an Active DayCare Pass:
- Assessement: Your dog will need to pass a sociability Assessment before he can join our DayCare Programme. The Assessment costs $30 (GST exclusive) and can be purchased online.
- # of Sessions: Each Active DayCare Pass allows you to five DayCare sessions (9am-5pm)
- Price: The price of our Active DayCare Pass varies with your dog's weight class as we have different Human : Dog ratios for safety reasons
- Small dogs up to 15kg: $300 (GST exclusive)
- Medium dogs 16kg - 29kg: $350 (GST exclusive)
- Large dogs 30kg & above: $400 (GST exclusive)
- Validity: 3 months from the date of purchase
- Pre-requisites: Your dog will need to have a valid core vaccination/titer test with valid leptospirosis vaccination i.e. done no more than 12 months before the expiry date of your Active DayCare Pass and at least 14 days before your doggo's first DayCare Session. Your dog will need to be flea/tick free
- Where: You can purchase an Active DayCare Pass on this site, just click on the "Buy Now" tab on the top right corner, select "Pet DayCare" and off you go!
- Pay: We accept bank transfers and mobile payments like PayNow, PayLah, OCBC Pay Anyone, etc. Your purchase is only complete when we have received full payment for your DayCare Pass
- Proof of Vaccination: You will need to provide your dog's vaccination/titer test expiry date when purchasing your Active DayCare Pass. Please also Whatsapp us an image of your dog's vaccination card/titer test result before your doggo's first DayCare Session
Your dog will need to pass our sociability Assessment before he can join our Active DayCare Programme. The Assessment costs $30 (GST exclusive) and can be purchased online as follows:
- Click on the "Buy Now" tab on the top right corner, select "DayCare Assessment"
- Fill in the required information and complete payment
- Our staff will be in touch to set up an appointment to assess your dog. The Assessment will take approximately 1 hour
During your dog's Assessment we will looking for:
Your dog's current skill level in interacting with other dogs. This is to ensure that your dog and other dogs in our DayCare programme will be safe interacting with each other
The degree to which he may be handled so we can take him swimming and properly care for him
How well he is able to cope away from his pawrents, and to ensure he won’t be excessively stressed and will be able to have fun
We will assemble a panel of calm, socially experienced dogs to observe your doggo’s interactions and situational reactions to them. Pawrents will not be able to observe the assessment as their presence will have an impact on how their dog responds.
*Dogs that have not been to daycare for the period of 6 months and above will need to go through a sociability re-assessment
As many doggos pass through our premises, there is an increased risk of transmission of infectious disesases such as Canine Distemper, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza and Kennel Cough. We therefore require all Active DayCare doggos to be vaccinated and be protected against ticks and fleas.
To purchase your Active DayCare Pass, you will need to have a valid core vaccination or titer test conducted no more than 12 months before the expiry date of your DayCare Pass. Please do allow at least 14 days after your doggo's vaccination before you take him for his first daycare session, this is to give your doggo sufficient time to build up immunity. A Kennel Cough vaccination is also highly recommended.
Your dog will also need to be on a monthly tick/flea prevention regime. If we detect any ticks on yur dog, we will apply Bio X on your behalf. Bio X is safe and effective and the cost of the treatment is $20 (GST exclusive)
Our Active Daycare programme currently runs Mondays to Fridays except for public holidays. We start at 9am in the morning and end at 5pm.
Any early drop offs or late pickups outside these hours will be by special arrangement only. Pickups between 6.30pm-8pm will be charged $20 (GST exclusive).
If your dog is not picked up by 8pm, we will treat him as a boarding guest and will feed him and bed him down in one of our kennels. You will be charged a boarding fee of $60 (GST exclusive).
After you have completed purchase of your DayCare Pass, you may whatsapp us to book your doggo in for daycare.
You may book your doggo in for Active Daycare depending on availability. However, do note that we will keep your doggo pretty busy in Active Daycare and your doggo may appreciate a lazy day every once in a while.
Your dog's welfare is our priority. If your dog presents the following symptoms (but not limited to) - coughing, vomiting, diarrhoea/soft stools, lethargy - please do not send them in for daycare. If your dog is at daycare and displays any of these symptoms, you may be asked to pick your pet up.
Transport is not included in our DayCare Package price. We work with a small number of trusted transporters with reasonable rates that have been thoroughly vetted. We will connect you with them to arrange pick up and drop off times. You can make payment directly to them
The time slots are as follows:
- Pick up from home: 8.00am - 9.00am
- Drop off to home: 5.00pm - 6.00pm
Costs depend on the location of your residence: Mutts & Mittens does not take a commission from these transport charges.
The Active Programme will give your doggo a physical and mental workout.
We start the morning with a 15 minute high intensity swim (cardio, muscle strengthening) followed by low intensity frolicking in the shallows with toys, socialisation opportunities and a ton of positive reinforcement!
After a quick rinse and blow dry, its time for a nap to recharge the batteries.
Once we are all bright eyed and bushy tailed again, its time for mental stimulation – puzzles with high incentive treats, and various nose work exercises and problem solving exercises that we will rotate over time.
We have four modules that focus on different areas, so check out what the program for the day is before you choose which day to send your doggo to DayCare!
- Rufus Schooling - if you would like your dog to brush up those swimming skills. Its great for core strengthening and building muscles
- Pawzzle Fun - we have set up a whole range of puzzles that activate your doggo's sense of smell and problem solving skills, conditioning them to be more reliant on their sense of smell and gradually becoming calmer over time
- Tinder Pawty - this module focuses on creating socialisation opportunities for your doggo, in the pool, on our dog run and down in the clubhouse. Your doggo will learn to how to team up with other dogs to achieve outcomes and grow in confidence in social interactions
- Bark Core - Parkour meet Agility for Doggos! This will be loads of fun for Doggos so inclined -- jumping, climbing, crawling, balancing, rolling over
We have pretty much everything your doggo needs, but do send your doggo with his own leash and collar and swimvest if he’s got one.
We don't need any additional toys, but if your dog does insist on bringing his own toys, please make sure they are clearly labelled with his name and please understand we cannot be responsible for any loss or damage.
No, we do not allow pawrents in during DayCare. This may not only disrupt the Active Daycare Programme but will also have an influence on how your doggo responds, he will be focusing on you instead of the designed interactions in our programme
Shampoo & conditioning treatments are considered an additional service at $20 (GST exclusive) each time. Please Whatsapp us if you would like us to shower your doggo after swim